Types and Basic Selection Principles for Dry mix mortar Additives
- Types for Dry mix mortar Additives
Dry mix mortar additive is actually a special additive that can significantly improve the performance of Dry mix mortar and meet different engineering quality requirements and construction conditions. According to different functional requirements of the product, different additives are added, which expands the application field of Dry mix mortar. Dry mix mortar in the modern sense goes far beyond the traditional concept of mortar. The traditional mortar produced by on-site mixing technology cannot meet the high professional requirements of the modern construction industry, and the high-quality, additive-modified Dry mix mortar will be widely used in construction in the future, and will gradually replace other building materials.
The main varieties of Dry mix mortar additives are: Redispersible Polymer Powder(RDP), cellulose ether, starch ether, water reducing agent, retarder, air entraining agent, accelerator, early strength agent, fiber, thixotropic lubricant, defoaming agent.
- Basic Selection Principle for Dry mix mortar Additives
The purpose of using additives for the production of dry powder mortar products is mainly to meet the quality requirements of different products, improve the construction performance of the products, and obtain excellent products with high cost performance at the same time. Therefore, the use of additives often requires a combination of factors, provided that the quality of the product meets the design requirements. The usual selection principle is:
- Use high-performance, high-quality products as much as possible to achieve the highest performance and quality improvement with the lowest amount of additives;
- Additives must be suitable for the production process, and the differences in production equipment and processes of different manufacturers may affect the dispersion effect of additives, therefore the performance cannot be performed well;
- The compatibility of various additives must be considered when using them simultaneously;
- Environmentally friendly additives should be used whenever possible.